General Ledger Supervisor
Location: Coventry Head Office (Middlemarch Business Park)
Hours: Full time 37.5 Monday-Friday
Package: Basic Annual Salary up to £29,000 (dependent on experience) plus bonus & flexible benefits package including hybrid working, up to 27 days holiday (Plus additional annual leave purchasing scheme)
Sector: Packaging Distribution
We, the UK’s largest packaging distributor and due to our ongoing growth, we are urgently hiring for an experienced General Ledger Supervisor to join our central finance team based in Coventry. We are a committed equal opportunities employer that champions ‘dignity in the workplace’. Our focus is to provide customers with fully integrated and innovative packaging solutions, augmented by outstanding customer service. As a group we are continuing to grow significantly and always keen to attract new talent to our business.
General Ledger Supervisor Role & Responsibilities
Working as part of our finance team, this full-time role is based in our Coventry Head Office. The successful candidate will be responsible for a team involved in the timely and accurate processing of overhead invoices, entering manual cash reconciliation of supplier accounts, ensuring prompt payment to suppliers subject to cash flow approval and such other duties that may be required to produce the monthly management accounts. Reporting to the Purchase Ledger Manager other responsibilities will include:
• To manage General Ledger Accounts Payable team, including training, review and supervision of work to develop and improve the performance of the team in a manner agreed with the Purchase Ledger Manager.
• Matching of overhead invoices to purchase orders.
• Coding and processing of invoices
• Reconciliation of supplier accounts to supplier statements
• Liaison with sites to resolve queries and ensure proper authorisation.
• Liaison with suppliers to resolve queries.
• To ensure that manual cash is entered and allocated in an accurate and timely manner.
• To ensure that subject to cash flow approval, suppliers are paid in accordance with specified terms, either by BACS, cheque or manual BACS when required.
• Review all overhead AP accounts to ensure all aged items are resolved and cleared for payment.
• To provide query statistics
• To provide assistance with ad-hoc investigations when required
• To provide assistance in the preparation and collation of such other management information as may be required.
• Assist in providing information to internal and external auditors.
Do you have the correct profile?
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years purchase ledger or general ledger experience and supervisory experience, preferably gained working within a ‘high volume transactional’ environment). Experience of working for a similar organization to ours (de-centralized or head office for a multi-site/national business structure) would also be useful.
You will be methodical, numerate and articulate. There is the need for strong IT/computing skills, in particular the use of Microsoft Word, Excel spreadsheets and ERP systems. Good all round communication skills are a must and there is the need to be able to analyze and present financial information effectively.
We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds irrespective of your age, gender, disability, race, nationality, ethnicity, gender identity, religion, or sexual orientation. Should you require any specific support or adjustments during the recruitment process, please email our recruitment team directly.
We provide a competitive basic starting salary and operate a range of rewarding bonus/incentive schemes. Our flexible employee benefits package can include: –
Your future with us
Here at Macfarlane Group, you truly have the potential to shape your own future and set your own ambitions. We are a large group company where internal promotion and mobility is a key feature of our success. Through tailored career plans, we provide a wide range of structure training & development pathways, utilizing both inhouse expertise to share knowledge and the best-in-class external training partners. There is potential access to management & leadership development, and we work closely with recognised, accredited bodies. So there really are no limits to where your journey within Macfarlane Group may take you.
How to apply/next steps
The successful applicant will join us in January 2024, but we are keen to meet with people now and in the coming weeks to ensure we have identified the best available individuals at interview. Please note that Macfarlane Group supports 'hybrid working' where possible and we often conduct our first stage interviews via video. To make an application please simply click 'apply' ensuring that your CV is up to date and relevant.
All applications will be acknowledged, shortlisted applicants normally hearing from us within a week or two. Unsuccessful applicants will also be notified at the end of our process, although if you haven’t heard from us within 2-3 weeks of applying, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE