In 1949, Lord Macfarlane founded the Macfarlane Group. The group now employs over 800 people at 29 sites across the UK, 1 site in Ireland and 1 site in Sweden and services more than 20,000 customers in a wide range of sectors.
- 1949 – Macfarlane Group was established by Lord Macfarlane of Bearsden KT.
- 1973 – Floated on the London Stock Exchange.
- 1980’s – Growth by acquisition in a number of packaging sectors covering plastics, corrugate, packaging consumables and labels.
- 1990’s – Consolidated its position with further acquisitions and re-structuring into 4 focussed divisions.
- 2000’s – Disposal of the Plastics Division, exit of non-core operations and focus on the current 3 Divisions – Packaging Distribution, Packaging Manufacturing and Labels.
- 2010-present – Implementation of plans to develop the 3 Divisions.