Sector: Packaging Distribution
Package: Basic Salary (negotiable on experience) plus bonus
& other excellent PLC Company Benefits
Hours: 45 across Monday-Friday Only
Macfarlane Group PLC is the UK’s largest packaging distributor and we are seeking to urgently an experienced Warehouse Operative to join our established logistics team based at our Horsham Regional Distribution Centre. As a business, we are passionate about providing fully integrated and innovative packaging solutions augmented by outstanding customer service. As a Group we are continuing to grow significantly and always keen to attract talented new individuals to our business.
Working at our Horsham site, you shall play a key role in ensuring that customer orders are fulfilled accurately and on time. Undertaking a range of warehouse related duties encompassing both goods ‘in’ and ‘out’, you will be expected to maintain close working ties with all areas of the site including the sales and purchasing teams.
- Accept deliveries from suppliers, ensuring goods are stored in the appropriate location.
- Pick, load and despatch goods to the customer base in a timely manner
- Driving Forklift (Reach & Counterbalance) on a regular basis
- Receive and process customer or supplier returns
- Participate in stock counts, when necessary.
- Maintain high standards of customer service at all times to suppliers and customers.
- Work in partnership with the Sales office to ensure customer delivery dates/times are achieved.
- Work in a constructive manner and promote co-operation between departments and RDCs across the group.
- Comply with regulatory requirements.
- Work within the Company’s ISO9001 and ISO14001 policies.
Do you have the correct profile?
Ideally, we are seeking applications from individuals who have credible warehouse environment experience. It is important that you live locally (or within a sensible daily commute to our site in Horsham). You will be a true team-player with a flexible and positive work attitude and strong communication skills. It’s important that you are ‘health & safety aware’ whilst having enjoyed balanced exposure to goods ‘in’ and ‘out’. Please note, we would strongly favour applicants having forklift driving licences (ideally reach & counterbalance).
In return we offer a competitive basic starting salary, plus bonus and also provide flexible employee benefits incorporating the following: 21 day’s annual leave plus bank holidays, contributory pension, health scheme & employee discount scheme. Macfarlane Group is also dedicated to maximizing every employee’s potential, by providing career development plans and pathways in an environment that fosters personal growth and continuous improvement.
How to apply/next steps
This is a key hire whereby we will be taking the next few weeks to identify the very best of applicants in the hope of selecting our favoured candidate to commence ASAP. Local interviews shall therefore be arranged swiftly for shortlisted candidates. To make an application please simply click ‘apply’ ensuring that your CV is up to date and relevant. Please note that all shortlisted candidates can expect to hear back from us within ten working days of making their application. If you do not therefore hear back within that timeframe, please assume that your application has not been successful on this particular occasion.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE