Sector: Packaging Distribution
Package: OTE up to c£22,000 including Basic Salary & Bonus/OTE
& other excellent PLC Company Benefits
Macfarlane Group PLC is the UK’s largest packaging distributor and we are seeking to hire a Stock Controller to join the established procurement team at our Fareham site.
As a business, we are passionate about providing fully integrated and innovative packaging solutions augmented by outstanding customer service. As a Group we are continuing to grow significantly and always keen to attract talented new individuals to our business.
The Stock Controller Role
Working as part of the central procurement team, this role will support the National Distribution Centre based in Enfield but be based at our regional site in Fareham, Hampshire. This role is integral to the success of the business, with the successful candidate ensuring the correct stock levels are held. This role is ideal for a recent Graduate or someone seeking further career development within the procurement/ purchasing arena (this as there is a clear development pathway available within the business).
Stock Controller Key Duties
Reporting to the National Distribution Centre Procurement Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- To purchase standard and non-standard stock items, maintaining cost effective stock levels.
- Develop a full understand of the total supply chain function
- Actively seek to reduce stock holing and material costs.
- To ensure that purchasing transactions are carried out in the timeliest and cost effective manner.
- Administer purchase orders and all other associated administration.
- Liaise with existing suppliers and source alternative suppliers when necessary.
- Develop awareness of the profit implication of stock holding costs, including redundant and damaged stock.
- Work in partnership with the Logistic and Warehouse team to optimise stock holding volumes and ensure customer needs are met.
- Develop and maintain a good knowledge of all packaging solutions, sharing knowledge with other colleagues.
- Work in a constructive manner and promote co-operation between departments and across the group.
Do you have the correct profile?
Successful candidates will ideally have prior experience of working within a purchasing/procurement team and have experience of some (if not all) of the above duties. They will have excellent organisation skills, possessing the ability to work well under pressure whilst prioritising workloads effectively. You will be enthusiastic and proactive, with a strong attention to detail. You will be numerate and computer literate being in Excel, Word and Outlook. This role provides a wonderful opportunity for someone to forge a successful and long-lasting career within our industry.
In return we offer a competitive basic starting salary along with an attractive performance/profit linked bonus scheme and a flexible employee benefits scheme that includes: up to 33 days annual leave (*includes bank holidays and service increase after five years), additional holiday purchasing scheme, contributory pension, childcare vouchers & employee discount scheme. Macfarlane Group is also dedicated to maximizing every employee’s potential, by providing career development plans and pathways in an environment that fosters personal growth and continuous improvement.
This is an extremely urgent hire whereby shortlisted applicants can therefore expect to be invited swiftly for interview (to be held locally in Fareham). We are seeking someone to commence the role ASAP. To make an application please simply click ‘apply’ ensuring that your CV is up to date and relevant. Please note that all shortlisted candidates can expect to hear back from us within five working days of making their application. If you do not therefore hear back within that timeframe, please assume that your application has not been successful on this particular occasion.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE