Sales Office Manager
Sales Office Manager
Location: Grantham, Lincolnshire
Sector: Packaging Manufacturing
Package: Basic salary up to £30,000 (negotiable on experience) plus bonus &
Excellent PLC Benefits
Macfarlane Group PLC is the UK’s largest packaging distributor and we are seeking to appoint an experienced Sales Office Manager to take charge of our sales office team at our Grantham based manufacturing site. Our specialist manufacturing division designs and produces bespoke protective packaging solutions which are designed exclusively for customers in safeguarding their products in transit. Customers span a number of key verticals including: Aerospace, Defence, Electronics, Industrial and Medical.
Reporting to the Managing Director, you shall be responsible for a small internal sales team (sales coordinators and estimators) whilst taking a ‘hands on’ approach, leading from the front in handling customer needs and processing sales effectively. You will work closely with the external sales team on a daily basis and liaise closely across other departments on site to ensure that customer orders are fulfilled.
- Managing the internal sales team, setting targets & objectives, completing Performance and Development Assessments, providing opportunities for development and coaching
- Overseeing all sales administration processing to ensure completed in a timely and efficient manner, utilising the relevant systems (including CRM)
- Ensuring that the internal sales team Utilise CRM to follow up all sales leads, enquiries and quotations.
- Complete relevant reports to required timescales, in order to monitor sales input, invoicing and margin. Identifying and taking action as appropriate.
- Direct handling of customer queries, orders etc. maintaining excellent levels of customer service at all times.
- Take an active lead in developing existing accounts, seeking and taking opportunities to up sell across the product portfolio whilst encouraging the team to do the same
- Work in partnership with Sales Executives, attending customer visits where appropriate.
- Liaise with Manufacturing & Logistics to ensure 24/48hour delivery schedule is maintained.
- Work within the Company’s ISO9001 and ISO14001 policies.
Do you have the correct profile?
We are ideally seeking someone who has the blend of internal sales team management and hands on customer account management, ideally with a background in having worked within the manufacturing sector. Experience of packaging or similarly designed products would be an additional bonus but is by no means essential as full product training can be provided. You will be a strong character and effective man-manager accompanied by first rate sales and customer service skills. Some experience of working with customers within our core vertical markets would also be useful). A winning personality with a ‘can do’ attitude in dealing with customers is paramount as is a positive approach to team management. Applicants must reside within a 45 minute drive of our Grantham site to be considered.
In return we offer a rewarding package including a basic salary which is negotiable (on experience) within the £25-£30,000 banding. The company offers a significant profit linked bonus scheme, and provides some excellent flexible employee benefits incorporating the following: Up to 33 days annual leave (*includes bank holidays and service increase after five years), contributory pension, childcare vouchers & employee discount scheme. Macfarlane Group is also dedicated to maximising every employee’s potential, by providing career development plans and pathways in an environment that fosters personal growth and continuous improvement.
How to apply/next steps
This is a key hire whereby we will be taking time in the coming weeks to identify the very best of applicants in the hope of selecting our favoured candidate to commence ASAP. Interviews shall therefore be arranged swiftly for shortlisted candidates. To make an application please simply click ‘apply’ ensuring that your CV is up to date and relevant. Please note that all shortlisted candidates can expect to hear back from us within five working days of making their application. If you do not therefore hear back within that timeframe, please assume that your application has not been successful on this particular occasion.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE