Sector: Packaging Distribution
Territory: Reading, Slough & Oxford
Package: Basic Annual Salary up to £28,000 (dependant on experience) plus bonus/uncapped OTE potential, Company Car, Smartphone, I-Pad & Excellent PLC Benefits
Macfarlane Group PLC is the UK’s largest packaging distributor and we are seeking to hire an experienced Sales Executive to join our highly successful sales team based out of our Reading site. As a business, we are passionate about providing fully integrated and innovative packaging solutions augmented by outstanding customer service. As a Group we are continuing to grow significantly and always keen to attract new sales talent to our business.
Reporting to the Regional Business Manager at our Reading site, this is very much a ‘full sales cycle’ role, whereby you shall be managing a significant portfolio of existing core customers but you will also need to focus a large percentage of your time upon generating new business too. Your ability to allocate time effectively between both existing account management/development and new business generation shall greatly dictate your success in meeting set targets.
- Create and implement a business plan for allocated territory in order to maximise sales & deliver excellent standards of customer service at all times.
- Maintain and develop existing accounts whilst also identifying new business opportunities and extending the customer base.
- Maximise both sales and profit responsibly by being aware of the profit implications of selling stock products as opposed to non-stock products.
- Build relationships with suppliers in order to maximise sales through their expertise.
- Maintain strong sales administration including use of CRM to follow up all leads, enquiries/quotes
- Proactively partner with National Accounts regarding any sales opportunities for the Company.
- Adopt a consultative approach with clients in tailoring appropriate solutions to meet needs
- Develop and maintain a good knowledge of all packaging solutions and full product range
- Liaise & develop close working relationships with Sales office manager/coordinators & logistics
- Utilise all available Macfarlane Group promotional material and in so doing promote the other products and solutions available within the Group.
Do you have the correct profile?
Firstly, we are seeking an experienced B2B field sales professional so you must be an effective negotiator, confident in your sales approach with the ability to pro-actively build strong relationships via first class communication and influencing skills. You will enjoy genuinely ‘adding value’ to customers and not simply ‘selling product’. Whilst there is a huge product range to familiarize yourself with (full training given) it’s much more about selling the entire solution. That said, you will be adaptive in your sales style, recognising where best to place your efforts in terms of ‘quicker wins’ and where to take a more strategic approach. Whilst packaging sales experience isn’t essential, it would be a bonus of course. Otherwise, a background in having sold consumable products but within a ‘solutions’ based approach would fit best. You must live ‘on patch’ (within RG, SL or OX postcode area) and have a valid UK driving licence. Accustomed to selling with real integrity, you will come with a demonstrable track-record of sales success (minimum two years in field sales) and place customer service and satisfaction at the heart of all you do.
In return we offer an attractive basic starting salary along with a significant profit linked bonus scheme, commission, company car, smartphone & I-pad. We additionally offer flexible employee benefits incorporating the following: Up to 33 days annual leave (*includes bank holidays and service increase after five years), additional holiday purchasing scheme, contributory pension, health scheme, childcare vouchers & employee discount scheme. Macfarlane Group is also dedicated to maximising every employee’s potential, by providing career development plans and pathways in an environment that fosters personal growth and continuous improvement.
How to apply/next steps
This is a key hire whereby we will be taking the next month or two to identify the very best of applicants in the hope of selecting our favoured candidate to join us in January 2018. Interviews shall therefore be arranged over the coming few weeks for shortlisted candidates. To make an application please simply click ‘apply’ ensuring that your CV is up to date and relevant. Please note that all shortlisted candidates can expect to hear back from us within five working days of making their application. If you do not therefore hear back within that timeframe, please assume that your application has not been successful on this particular occasion.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE