Manufacturing Cell Leader
Manufacturing Cell Leader
Location: Grantham, Lincolnshire
Sector: Bespoke Corrugate Packaging Manufacturing
Package: Basic Salary up to £30,000 (dependant on experience)
Plus Bonus & Company Benefits
Macfarlane Design & Manufacture are seeking to appoint an experienced Manufacturing Cell (Team) Leader to manage the factory based production team at our site in Grantham. Our specialist corrugate manufacturing division designs and manufactures bespoke protective packaging solutions. Our customers are UK wide and span a number of key verticals including: Aerospace, Defence, Electronics, Industrial and Medical.
The Manufacturing Cell Leader Role
The Manufacturing Cell Leader will be primarily responsible for managing a team of around a dozen operatives, responsible for the day to day management of this team and ensuring key outputs are realised. Working alongside the Production Planner and the Manufacturing Team operatives, you will co-ordinate work within the factory, in order to ensure attainment to plan whilst ensuring quality and health and safety standards are maintained.
Manufacturing Cell Leader Key Duties
- Managing and leading a team of production operatives within a manufacturing factory environment on a daily basis
- Take ownership of production work-to-lists to meet production schedules
- Review future production schedules and related information, liaising with the production manager determines material and labour requirements to identify overdue orders, track materials and highlight capacity constraints.
- Quality Control: Examine material delivered to production departments and finished goods to verify conformance to specifications
- To take on responsibility for the control of failed quality components.
- Compile and maintain manual or computerised records, such as material inventory, in-process production reports, status and location of materials
- Responsible for stock reconciliation and subsequent stock adjustment
- Active leader in daily production meetings
- Liaise with the Sales, and Planning functions to ensure materials meet demand for production
- Control of material usage from BOM accuracy to actual build, looking at usage per unit
- Create and, also, assist team members to maintain standard operating procedures and the visual management boards
- Provide timely and concise reports to the Production Manager
- Carry out logical problem solving to enable the correct identification of production issues and accurate reporting whilst communication with Team members
- Ensure that staffing levels meet production requirements each working day, effectively monitoring the use of overtime to meet production schedules
- Ensure quality standards are maintained, investigating defects and ensure any issues are resolved
- Ensure that all Health & Safety policies and practises are adhered to
- Monitor relevant KPIS – to action poor performing areas to improve – feedback to the production manager with action and timescales to improve.
- Multi skill individual team members which is captured with a live training matrix.
- Support maintenance schedules
Do you have the correct profile?
In order to apply you must have a proven background of a similar team leader/ supervisory role working within a manufacturing led factory/production environment. Whilst prior knowledge/experience of corrugate/board would be very useful, this is not essential as full training on product and materials can be provided. Above all else, you will be a proven leader with strong man-management/direct supervisory skills and ideally, some expeirence of managing change in a similar environment.
In return we offer a competitive basic starting salary along with an attractive performance/profit linked bonus scheme, and flexible employee benefits scheme that includes: 28 days annual leave (*includes bank holidays), contributory pension, childcare vouchers & employee discount scheme. Macfarlane Group is also dedicated to maximizing every employee’s potential, by providing career development plans and pathways in an environment that fosters personal growth and continuous improvement.
Shortlisted applicants can generally expect to be contacted within 5-10 working days and local interviews shall be arranged. Please apply online only. If you have not heard from us within 10 working days please assume that your application has not been successful on this particular occasion.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENICES PLEASE