Location: Coventry (Middlemarch Business Park)
Package: Basic Salary up to £35,000 (dependent on experience)
plus company car (or allowance), bonus & PLC company benefits
Sector: Packaging distribution
We, the UK’s largest packaging distributor have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Infrastructure Engineer to join our IT team based at our Coventry Head Office. We are a committed equal opportunities employer that champions ‘dignity in the workplace’. Our focus is to provide customers with fully integrated and innovative packaging solutions, augmented by outstanding customer service and our central IT department prides itself on providing first class support to the wider group business.
The Infrastructure Engineer Role
Our infrastructure engineers are responsible for updating and maintaining the key IT systems, such as servers, the network and ensuring that systems are setup with a high level of security. These functions underpin the IT systems and IT assistance to all departments within our organization and supports all areas of IT. This includes software applications, system software, networking, hardware, and remote access.
Infrastructure Engineer key duties
- Work with the Helpdesk and Infrastructure teams to continuously improve the operations of the departments.
- Ensure appropriate processes are being followed.
- Ensure system performance and SLAs are met.
- Provision in close cooperation with third party service providers an IT infrastructure that is suitable for the group to access and use their business applications.
- Manage strategic relationships with key IT product and service providers.
- Analyze and predict trends and work with the head of IT to develop long term plans designed to maintain cost effectiveness.
- Participate in IT strategy planning activities.
- Investigate and implement appropriate technology that will improve the operation of the business.
- Ensure the infrastructure team is mitigating, monitoring, and managing infrastructure related risks.
- Identify gaps in their own knowledge of IT systems and arrange appropriate training.
- Plan for the introduction of support for new applications and functions and ensure processes are in place.
- Data center management
- Cyber security
- Root cause analysis
Do you have the correct profile?
To apply for this opportunity, you must have a valid UK driving license and will ideally meet with the majority of criteria outlined below…
- Any qualifications in one or more of the following:
- Any Microsoft certified or Microsoft 365 certified qualification
- Cisco CCNA
- Citrix CCA
- CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+ or Server+
- ITIL Foundation
- VMware VCA
- Experience of Patch Management (including WSUS)
- Networking skills including knowledge of configuring/viewing switch information via command line, managing, and monitoring of LAN switches and troubleshooting LANs
- Administrating Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop 7.6 (preferred)
- Building Citrix master builds (including using provisioning services)
- All aspects of Microsoft Windows Server 2012/2016/2019 operating systems
- Knowledge of Linux operating systems
- Administrating of Microsoft Office 365 (including Microsoft Admin Centre, Microsoft Endpoint Manager and Azure Active Directory).
- Administrating of VMware vSphere 6.0
- Active Directory
- Group Policy
- Monitoring Firewalls
- In depth knowledge of Windows 10 (Pro and Enterprise)
- Good understanding of technical architecture and security aspects of infrastructure technology
- Implementing technical security standards and security policies
- Practical approach to improving the quality and user focus on security in a fast-changing organization.
- Ability to write and maintain good quality technical documentation
- Applying Change Management process
- Good problem solving and/or analytical skills
We provide a competitive basic starting salary and operate a range of rewarding bonus/incentive schemes. Our flexible employee benefits can include: –
- 25 days annual leave (rising to 27 days with service) plus all public/bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free parking at many of our site locations
- Range of company cars or cash allowance (including electric) for qualifying roles
- Employee assistance program to support & advise with well-being & any issues
- Extensive range of training/development & potential progression opportunities
- Employee discount scheme (discounts on several major retail/leisure brands)
- Simply Health/Dental Cover option or BUPA cover for qualifying roles
- Tax free childcare (TFC) scheme
- Enhanced maternity & paternity pay
- Long service awards (5-40 years)
- Charitable giving options
- Financial support with eye-tests/purchasing glasses (DSE users only)
- O2 Mobile discount scheme (up to 25% off)
- Candidate referral scheme (awards £750 for referring successful applicants to Macfarlane job vacancies)
Macfarlane Group is also dedicated to maximizing every employee’s potential, by providing career development plans and pathways in an environment that fosters personal growth and continuous improvement.
How to apply/next steps
This is an urgent appointment whereby we will be working to identify and review the very best of applicants swiftly in the hope of selecting our favored candidate to commence with us ASAP. (Please note we are holding zoom video-interviews during the pandemic). Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, we are continuing to adhere to Government guidelines whereby a significant number of our employees are working from home for the time being. Dependent on the precise role you have applied for, it is important to note that this may be a feature of your initial employment with us until Government advice changes and the situation improves. To make an application please simply click ‘apply’ ensuring that your CV is up to date and relevant. Unsuccessful applicants will also be notified at the end of our process, although if you haven’t heard from us within a fortnight of applying, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE