Industrial Procurement Manager
Industrial Procurement Manager
Location: North West
Sector: Packaging Distribution
Package: Attractive Basic Salary (OTE up to £40,000 including Bonus)
& other excellent PLC Company Benefits
Macfarlane Group PLC is the UK’s largest packaging distributor and we are seeking to hire an experienced Procurement Manager to help in supporting our Category Manager with strategic responsibility and procurement for our Industrial customer sector. As a business, we are passionate about providing fully integrated and innovative packaging solutions augmented by outstanding customer service. As a Group we are continuing to grow significantly and always keen to attract talented new individuals to our business.
The Industrial Procurement Manager Role
Based working from one of our sites in the North West region, this role whilst directly supporting the industrial sector Category Manager shall also involve supporting the Industrial sales teams and customers through managing projects on new and existing business to increase sales & margin and customer experience. This will be executed via strong project management, supplier management, market expertise, identifying new products and stakeholder engagement.
Industrial Procurement Manager Key Responsibilities
- Providing the procurement support to the industrial sales team on new & existing business projects
- Identify and manage, at a high level, an appropriate supplier profile to fit the industrial strategy
- Identify and introduce suitable new products and suppliers to give the industrial team a competitive edge in the market
- Work with the wider procurement team to ensure best possible outcome on all projects.
- Liaise with the RDC teams to ensure smooth delivery of all projects
- Identify areas to improve margin, sales & customer experience on existing business. Liaise with Industrial Category Manager and Sales team to ensure effective delivery of the Industrial strategy.
- Control of Tenders, New Business Enquiries & Significant Line Extension
- Support the Category Manager of filtration of workload to regional sites/procurement teams and other key parts of the business.
- Personal Ownership of Major Enquiries
- Vendor Management on Key Contracts
Do you have the correct profile?
In order to apply you must already have a minimum of 18 months experience at procurement/purchasing manager level. Prior experience of having worked within an Industrial customer sector/category would be highly advantageous. Applicants will also ideally hold CIPS accreditation and be degree educated. Prior exposure to the majority of the above activities/key responsibilities would be preferable.
In return we offer a competitive basic starting salary along with an attractive performance/profit linked bonus scheme and a flexible employee benefits scheme that includes: up to 33 days annual leave (*includes bank holidays and service increase after five years), additional holiday purchasing scheme, contributory pension, childcare vouchers & employee discount scheme. Macfarlane Group is also dedicated to maximizing every employee’s potential, by providing career development plans and pathways in an environment that fosters personal growth and continuous improvement.
This is a key hire for us whereby we seek someone to commence ASAP in the new year (2018). Shortlisted applicants can therefore expect to be invited swiftly for local interview across the coming weeks. To make an application please simply click ‘apply’ ensuring that your CV is up to date and relevant. Please note that all shortlisted candidates can expect to hear back from us within five working days of making their application. If you do not therefore hear back within that timeframe, please assume that your application has not been successful on this particular occasion.