Location: Coventry Head Office
Package: Basic annual salary circa £28,000, plus Bonus & Benefits
Sector: Packaging Distribution
Macfarlane Group PLC is the UK’s largest packaging distributor and we are urgently seeking to hire an HR Advisor to join our Human Resources team based at our Coventry Head Office. As a business, we are passionate about providing fully integrated and innovative packaging solutions augmented by outstanding customer service. As a Group we are continuing to grow significantly and always keen to attract new talent to our business.
HR Advisor Role
We are urgently seeking to appoint an experienced HR Advisor to join HR team. Reporting directly to the HR Services Manager and working closely with the HR Director, you will be instrumental in providing generalist HR support and advice to the PLC business, delivering a professional and robust service to all stakeholders, including Directors, Manager and employees across the business. Working as part of a responsive and proactive HR team, the HR Advisor will support the implementation of HR strategy and policies, ensuring the business operates within legal parameters. This is a full time appointment based at our Coventry Head Office, but requiring occasional travel to other sites UK wide (and including Ireland).
HR Advisor Responsibilities
- Responsibility for handling and advising on a broad range of HR and employee relations matters
- Build effective relationships with managers at all levels, taking a partnership approach in terms of understanding their business and needs fully, providing robust and effective solutions
- Build effective relationships with employees at all levels, providing advice and guidance on a range of policies
- Responsibility for absence management, from beginning to end
- Provide statistical and management information as and when required
- Responsibility for delivering a high quality, first class HR service
- Supporting training and development, involvement in HR training courses and Company Induction
- Supporting Recruitment processes
- Effective management of an employee relations caseload, ensuring legal compliance and minimising all Company risks
- Supporting TUPE processes
- Keeping up to date with legislative updates
- Maintaining accurate HR records
- Supporting annual processes and management of HR departmental budgets
- Coaching and supporting managers with employee relation investigations, disciplinaries and grievances
- Supporting payroll, pension and Company car activities as required
Do you have the correct profile?
We welcome applications from experienced HR professionals with a minimum of three years HR generalist experience. CIPD accreditation would be desirable but is not essential. Familiarity with and previous exposure to the majority of the above responsibilities would be preferable. A willingness to travel UK wide as the business requires is important and applicants will ideally reside no more than 45 minute drive from our head office site in Coventry (valid UK driving licence is essential due to the need for travel to sites).
In return we offer a competitive basic starting salary along with a significant profit linked bonus scheme. We additionally offer flexible employee benefits incorporating the following: Up to 33 days annual leave (*includes bank holidays and service increase after five years), additional holiday purchasing scheme, contributory pension, childcare vouchers & employee discount scheme. Macfarlane Group is also dedicated to maximizing every employee’s potential, by providing career development plans and pathways in an environment that fosters personal growth and continuous improvement.
How to apply/next steps
This is a genuinely urgent appointment whereby we are seeking someone to commence ASAP. Local interviews shall therefore be arranged swiftly for shortlisted candidates. To make an application please simply click ‘apply’ ensuring that your CV is up to date and relevant. Please note that all shortlisted candidates can expect to hear back from us within ten working days of making their application. If you do not therefore hear back within that timeframe, please assume that your application has not been successful on this particular occasion.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE