HGV Class 2 Driver
Hours: 45 (across Monday-Friday only)
Package: Basic Salary up to £28,500 dependent on experience plus bonus & other excellent PLC company benefits
Sector: Packaging distribution
We, the UK's largest packaging distributor have an exciting opportunity for an experienced HGV Class 2 Driver to join our logistics team based in Horsham.
We are a committed equal opportunities employer that champions ‘dignity in the workplace'. Our focus is to provide customers with fully integrated and innovative packaging solutions, augmented by outstanding customer service. As a leading distributor, logistics is at the very heart of what we do best. Welcoming dedicated new people into our business who have a passion for delivering excellence is key to our continued success.
HGV Class 2 Driver – Key Duties
- Multiple customer deliveries in the local region (average of 1-15 drops daily)
- Drive Company HGV vehicles and operate Company equipment in a safe and professional manner in accordance with Company policies, procedures & legislation
- Load your vehicle daily on return and secure load for safety (using forklifts, reach/counterbalance). Fork lift license is preferred, however not essential.
- Provide a professional HGV driving service, to meet & exceed customer expectations
- Comply with the vehicle security and standing procedure at all times
- Carry out HGV vehicle and auxiliary equipment checks (reporting defects) prior to the operation of any vehicle
- Report any delivery issues or exceptions in a timely manner
- Responsible for the Health and Safety of themselves and others, adhering to safe working practices and the Health & Safety at Work Act, including accident, incident, and damage reporting
We provide a competitive basic starting salary and operate a range of rewarding bonus/incentive schemes. Our flexible employee benefits can include: –
- 25 days annual leave (rising to 27 days with service) plus all public/bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free parking at many of our site locations
- Range of company cars or cash allowance (including electric) for qualifying roles
- Employee assistance program to support & advise with well-being & any issues
- Extensive range of training/development & potential progression opportunities
- Employee discount scheme (discounts on several major retail/leisure brands)
- Simply Health/Dental Cover option or BUPA cover for qualifying roles
- Tax free childcare (TFC) scheme
- Enhanced maternity & paternity pay
- Long service awards (5-40 years)
- Charitable giving options
- Financial support with eye-tests/purchasing glasses (DSE users only)
- O2 Mobile discount scheme (up to 25% off)
Macfarlane Group is also dedicated to maximizing every employee’s potential, by providing career development plans and pathways in an environment that fosters personal growth and continuous improvement.
This is an urgent appointment. To make an application please simply click ‘apply' ensuring that your CV is up to date and relevant. If you haven’t heard from us within 2 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE