Printer (2-Colour Flexo Printer/Slotter, Corrugate Board)
Location: Grantham, Lincolnshire
Sector: Bespoke Packaging Manufacturing
Package: Basic Salary (negotiable on experience), Bonus & Company Benefits
Macfarlane Design & Manufacture are seeking to appoint an experienced Flexographic Printer to join Grantham based Manufacturing site. Our specialist manufacturing division designs and manufactures bespoke protective packaging solutions. Our customers are UK wide and span a number of key verticals including: Aerospace, Defence, Electronics, Industrial and Medical.
The Printer role
Reporting into the Section Leader/Production Manager, the Printer will be the main operator of the Flexo Printer/Slotter converting both conventional and heavy duty corrugated board. The role supports operations in manufacturing to ensure that the Company Sales and Profit Targets are achieved and exceeded. The printer will work in a constructive manner and, promoting co-operation with all site colleagues and always ensuring compliance of Health and Safety requirements.
Printer Key Duties
- Ensure that the printer is run at optimum speed whilst ensuring all job instructions are followed accurately and converted product meet the required quality standards
- Ensure that all instructions for the safe operation of any equipment is followed, and any PPE is worn, as required
- Carry out pre-inspection reports and any ensure any malfunction of equipment or difficulties with any job are reported immediately to your Section Leader.
- Cleaning of printing plates, anilox rolls and Operator Maintenance Programmes are adhered too
- Monitor viscosity of inks
- Any relevant line documentation must be completed accurately and promptly, and passed on to Section Leader as instructed.
- All quality guidelines must be followed accurately, and all specific customer requirements met as instructed
- Good housekeeping practises must be applied to the work area
- Safe manual handling practices must be used.
- Work within the company’s ISO9001 and ISO14001 policies
- Work within health and safety requirements and support Safe Systems of Work and Risk Assessments.
- Stock take as required
Do you have the correct profile?
In order to be considered you must be an experienced printer with knowledge and expertise of operating 2-colour flexographic printing/slotting machinery. Previous experience of printing with corrugate board would also be highly advantageous.
In return we offer a competitive basic starting salary (negotiable on experience) along with an attractive performance/profit linked bonus scheme, and flexible employee benefits scheme that includes: 28 days annual leave (*includes bank holidays), contributory pension, childcare vouchers & employee discount scheme. Macfarlane Group is also dedicated to maximizing every employee’s potential, by providing career development plans and pathways in an environment that fosters personal growth and continuous improvement.
This is an urgent role whereby we seek someone to commence within the role ASAP. Shortlisted applicants can generally expect to be contacted within 5-10 working days and local interviews shall be arranged. Please apply online only. If you have not heard from us within 10 working days please assume that your application has not been successful on this particular occasion.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE