Commercial Accountant (Manufacturing)
Location: Grantham, Lincolnshire (with occasional travel to Wiltshire)
Sector: Manufacturing (bespoke packaging)
Package: Basic Annual Salary up to £50,000 plus Bonus, Company Car & Excellent Benefits
Macfarlane Design & Manufacture are seeking to appoint an experienced Commercial Accountant to control costs and help drive profitability through the business. Our specialist manufacturing division designs and manufactures bespoke protective packaging solutions. Our customers are UK wide and span a number of key verticals including: Aerospace, Defence, Electronics, Industrial and Medical.
The Commercial Accountant Role
Reporting to the Managing Director, this is a senior position that sits within the executive team for the design & manufacturing division. The role requires ownership for effective cost-accounting across our two manufacturing sites whilst. The role will therefore closely interface with our central finance function and involve close liaison with all key areas of the business operation and occasional/semi-frequent travel to our site in Wiltshire. There will be key involvement with estimating/pricing & cost control, managing expenditure against budgets, leading on tenders and agreeing customer contracts.
Commercial Accountant Key Duties
- Full understanding of direct labour, material and overhead costs.
- Work with central finance team to ensure all financial costs are understood and reported accurately.
- Ensure estimating process reflects challenging but achievable cost pricing.
- Positively influence gross margin by applying the company guidelines and managing the reports available to co-ordinate action across the business to maximise profitability.
- To manage intercompany transactions and margins.
- Report company metrics including on time in full, quality and productivity.
- Drive through continuous improvements especially process flow, procedures, standards and policies in relation to internal sales and administration functions.
- Play a pivotal role in ensuring the retention of ISO accreditations.
- Attending monthly board meetings and presenting to Group CEO
- Work with the sales team to achieve the best sales prices to our customers that reflects the level of work involved and recognises design and innovation.
- In conjunction with sales team manage customer agreements that encompass payment terms, stock holding levels and service requirements.
- Lead the co-ordination of customer tenders across all internal departments
Do you have the correct profile?
We welcome applications from experienced cost-accounting professionals at a senior level who can demonstrate a track-record of having made a positive impact on similar manufacturing operations. Packaging sector experience is not essential but would of course be advantageous. Experience of effective cost-accounting/commercial reporting is paramount. First rate IT skills (incorporating MS Office & some form of accounting software package usage) are also very important. Prior experience of the other aspects (involvement in tenders, customer agreements & contracts) would all be desirable but are not imperative. It is however essential that applicants reside within a sensible daily commute of our Grantham site and have a genuine willingness to travel occasionally to our site in Wiltshire (car provided with package, so full UK driving licence is essential).
In return we offer a competitive basic starting salary along with an attractive performance/profit linked bonus scheme, and flexible employee benefits scheme that includes: up to 33 days annual leave (*includes bank holidays & length of service increase), contributory pension, childcare vouchers & employee discount scheme. Macfarlane Group is also dedicated to maximizing every employee’s potential, by providing career development plans and pathways in an environment that fosters personal growth and continuous improvement.
Shortlisted applicants can generally expect to be contacted within 10 working days and local interviews shall be arranged swiftly at our Grantham site. Please apply online only. If you have not heard from us within 10 working days please assume that your application has not been successful on this particular occasion.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE